Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Entry #002 – The Case of the Missing Phillips #2

 Workshop Status: 🔍 Investigation Ongoing

I knew something wasn't right the moment I opened the toolbox.

There was an empty space.

Not just any empty space.

The empty space.

My trusty Phillips #2 screwdriver was gone.

Now, every technician has a favorite screwdriver. The one that's perfectly broken in. The one that somehow fits every screw just a little better than all the others.

Mine had vanished.

I searched the obvious places.

The workbench.

The toolbox.

The magnetic parts tray.

The anti-static mat.

Under the keyboard.

Behind the monitor.

Nothing.

I began questioning the usual suspects.

The shop vacuum had a history.

The rolling chair had opportunity.

The rubber duck on the shelf...




...well, he just looked guilty.

After twenty minutes, I was convinced someone had borrowed it.

Then I looked down.

The screwdriver was clipped to my shirt pocket.

I had been wearing it the entire time.

I quietly put it back on the bench and agreed never to speak of this incident again.

Unfortunately...

...the security cameras remember everything.

Case closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment